Hey there ecommerce wizards! If you're reading this, you likely already know that launching a new product or service is exhilarating. You've worked hard to develop something valuable to share with the world. Now it's go time - time to get the word out and start driving those sales!
But promoting a new offering can also be daunting. With so much competition online, how will you get your product to stand out from the crowd? How will you efficiently scale your marketing efforts as interest grows without burning through your budget? You want to move quickly to capitalize on momentum, but you also need sustainable strategies that set you up for long-term success.
Not to worry. I've been in your shoes many times before. In this post, I'll walk you through my proven step-by-step framework for boosting sales of a new ecommerce product or service launch. These are the exact same tactics I’ve used to promote online courses, SaaS products, mobile apps, Chrome extensions and more across the years.
If you follow this advice, you'll be well on your way to growth hacking your launch and establishing traction for your shiny new offer! So without further ado, let's get started.
Craft a Compelling Offer
The first step is ensuring you have a compelling offer. After all, an incredible marketing campaign can only get you so far if your product or service doesn't actually deliver tangible value.
Before launch, take a step back and examine your new offering from the customer's perspective:
- Does it clearly solve a burning problem or need your audience has? Make sure you can explain the concrete benefits they’ll experience using simple, benefit-driven messaging.
- Is the pricing aligned with the value you’re providing? Underpricing can leave money on the table while overpricing leads to slow uptake. Price it judiciously.
- Have you anticipated and answered potential customer objections? Make sure your messaging addresses common concerns proactively.
- Would you buy this if you were the target customer? Be honest with yourself here! If the answer is no, keep refining until you have an irresistible offer.
Investing the effort upfront to craft a compelling offer gives you an incredible advantage. The rest of your launch and marketing will be exponentially easier when you have something people genuinely want at a fair price.
Optimize Your Sales Page to Convert
Now that you have a great offer, the next step is creating a sales page that compels visitors to convert. This is the destination people will land on from all your launch promotion, so it needs to close the deal.
Here are some of my top tips for optimizing ecommerce sales pages that convert:
- Lead with a crystal clear headline and value prop. Tell visitors immediately what you offer and the primary benefit.
- Structure your copy with the ideal customer journey in mind. Walk them logically through why they need this, what it does, how it works, social proof, and finally a clear CTA.
- Speak directly to your audience and focus on their pain points. Make it abundantly clear you understand their struggles.
- Use visuals like product photos, screenshots, gifs, etc. liberally to demonstrate value. We are visual creatures.
- Minimize distractions. Remove anything that may obstruct clear focus on your CTA button.
- Include trust-building elements like testimonials, security badges, guarantees, etc. to nurture credibility.
- A/B test different elements like headlines, copy, and visuals. Keep a winner’s mentality!
An excellent sales page is like a map guiding visitors seamlessly into conversion. Spend time perfecting it before driving traffic. Your sales will thank you!
Seed Your Audience
Alright, your offer is primed and your sales page is polished. Time to start spreading the word!
Begin by sharing news of your upcoming launch with existing audiences. The goal here is gathering interested subscribers you can market to once the product is live.
Some ways to start seeding hype within your current ecosystem:
- Email your current customer list a “sneak peek” of the upcoming launch, inviting them to join a special VIP list to get early access.
- Post on your blog and social channels about the development process, inviting readers to get the inside scoop by joining your list.
- If you have an existing related product, promote the launch in-product or in-app to segment your most engaged users.
- Leverage existing partnerships and JVs to tap into partner audiences. Offer exclusive early access in return for promotion.
This phase is all about priming the pump within your current spheres of influence. Avoid hard selling for now - you want to intrigue people and have them opt-in for more details.
Gathering a targeted pre-launch list will give you a core audience excited to buy once you open for business. Now let’s get the word out to the wider market!
Leverage instore marketing with AI Explore Prooftiles
Market Across Multiple Channels
With your offer and sales page ready, it’s time to execute a hard-hitting marketing campaign across multiple channels.
This is where you get aggressive with paid advertising, content creation, and maximizing your organic reach. Execute these strategies simultaneously to achieve an “omnichannel” launch:
Run Paid Ads
- Leverage platforms like Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok and Google Ads to put your offer in front of hyper-targeted audiences.
- Make the most of remarketing and lookalike audiences to reach buyers similar to your existing customers.
- Test various creatives, copy, and audiences to determine the most cost-effective channels.
- Monitor performance closely and double down on what’s working!
Create Valuable Content
- Develop blog posts, guides, videos, etc. that provide value and establish your expertise.
- Promote content through email, organic social posts, guest blogging, affiliate partnerships, etc.
- Repurpose content into various formats like video, podcast, webinar, social posts, etc. to maximize reach.
- Focus on search optimization with target keywords so content ranks high in search engines over time.
Harness Influencers and Affiliates
- Recruit influencers with engaged audiences that align with your target market. Provide review copies, affiliate commissions or other incentives.
- Similarly, develop partnerships with blogs and companies to promote your launch to their audiences. Offer custom landing pages and attractive commissions.
- Proactively reach out to press outlets that cover your industry to secure articles and reviews. Craft a compelling press release.
The goal is saturating your market across every channel where your audience is active. Transfer audiences from one platform into high-intent buyers on your sales page using smart tracking and retargeting.
Maintain Momentum Post-Launch
Congrats, your launch week was a wild success! But the work isn’t done yet - this is when you double down on momentum to sustain growth over the long-term.
Here are some of my top tips for maintaining energy after launch:
- Keep cranking out high-quality content to bring in organic traffic from search and social. A launch boosts authority but you need to keep growing it.
- Cultivate genuine word-of-mouth by overdelivering for early customers. Turn them into brand advocates that organically promote you.
- Use retargeting to re-engage visitors who left your site without purchasing. Craft tailored email flows for recent site visitors.
- Don’t stop refining your sales page and ad creatives. Always be testing to improve conversion rates.
- Identify upsell and cross-sell opportunities to increase revenue from existing customers. Build this into your onboarding flows.
- Develop additional lead magnets like demos and free trials to sustain lead gen after launch mania dies down.
- Monitor customer feedback closely across channels to stay ahead of issues and refine your positioning.
The launch should produce a surge in momentum - your job is keeping up that velocity. Continually deliver value, optimize conversions, and exceed customer expectations. Do this and you’ll cement customer loyalty and sustained growth over the long haul.
Review and Iterate
As the dust settles from your launch, it’s important to assess results and have a game plan for the next one. Here are some of the key questions I ask:
- How did your core metrics (sales, leads, traffic) align with goals? What exceeded or missed expectations?
- Which marketing channels and campaigns drove the most value? Which felt ineffective?
- What did customers respond well to? Where did they express confusion or objections?
- How was the onboarding experience for new users? Did it set them up for long-term success?
- What operational bottlenecks or issues popped up? How can you improve workflows for next time?
Don’t launch and forget. Analyze performance, gather feedback, and have a deliberate strategy for ramping up again with your next offer. Each launch gets better by learning from the last.
Putting It All Together
If you execute these strategies with care and consistency, you'll be well on your way to launching like a boss!
Here are the key steps one more time:
1. Craft a compelling offer people genuinely want
2. Optimize sales page to guide
3. Seed your audience to build anticipation
4. Market across multiple channels simultaneously
5. Maintain momentum post-launch with optimization and customer care
6. Review results and iterate process for next time
Launching a new product or service is always a thrilling rollercoaster. But with the right preparation and promotion, it can also be highly profitable. Bring these strategies to life, stick to the game plan, and you’ll be shocked by how quickly your new offering gains traction.
Trust me, I've been there many times before. By applying these proven tactics, you can bypass launch chaos and establish real momentum both now and into the future.
So what are you waiting for? Polish up that offer, get your sales page primed for traffic, and unleash your upcoming launch into the world. I can't wait to see all the amazing value you're able to provide.
Now get out there and start selling like a wizard! You've got this.
Boost sales with AI Explore Prooftiles